Friday, August 12, 2011

Summer

So, two weeks ago my sister told me I was a loser. I was showing her my iPad apps and happened upon Tap Reef. I told her how it was a virtual reef and how I could breed fish and sell fish, and...buy more fish. And how I had to check it every few hours to make sure my fish were happy. Jess' smile turned to a dull stare. And, in only a way a big sister can, she told me that I was wasting my time and energy and that if I had time to do that BS, surely I had time to blog or learn how to quilt or do something creative and/or soul fulfilling. Now, I should be honest and say that had that been from most other people, including my husband, I would have brushed it off and felt a little stung, but the truth is, I knew she was right. I've often felt lazy and aimless and like I should be doing something more enriching with my "me" time. But somehow with all this time alone, I've resorted to filling it surfing the Internet and playing on my iPad, producing nothing, enriching nothing, and just...biding my time. Until what?

Well, our family has a lot of big changes on the horizon and while right now it's driving me crazy, pretty soon the waiting will be done. We are moving to Dallas. I'm not sure of the exact date, but I know it's Dallas, and I know it's coming. Mostly, I know when that happens I will get to see my husband every day and we can have a "real" existence without these bursts of family time and then long marathon weeks waiting for Rich to come home. There are many steps to go before we can finally be together, but at least we're on the ladder, right?

AND, I deleted Tap Reef. That, my friends, is the power of a big sister kick in the pants.

1 comment:

Jess said...

You know I could never think you were a loser! That was just my mean way of getting you to blog again and YAY, I've succeeded! Your biggest fan is finally getting another "hit" and I hope you'll keep it up. The good, the bad, the ugly. So excited for you guys about Dallas! Yay, Virgin American airlines!